Are you wondering how can a Virtual Assistant help you with your business? Virtual Assistants specialise in a wide variety of skills that can help you outsource your business tasks so you can focus on growing your business. Hiring a Virtual Assistant is a cost-effective way to outsource, saving you time and money, by completing tasks that would otherwise require hiring full-time employees or paying contractors.
Because Virtual Assistants are not bound by geographical limitations like a traditional employee might be, you can access a pool of talent without being restricted to hiring someone in your local area.
Let’s take a look at some examples of the type of tasks a Virtual Assistant can help you with.
Many business owners (especially solo entrepreneurs and sole traders) get caught up with basic business admin which is absolutely necessary, but also super time-consuming! Outsourcing your day-to-day admin tasks is a great way of getting started with a Virtual Assistant.
- Data entry
- Spreadsheet creation and editing
- Basic bookkeeping
- Answering emails/responding to customer enquiries/responding to client enquiries/basic customer service tasks (answering emails from customers who have questions about their orders or returning phone calls from existing clients)
- Answering emails/responding to client enquiries/basic administrative tasks (answering emails from clients requesting additional information about a product or service offered by your company)
- Research tasks
Email marketing is a great way to build brand loyalty and keep your customers engaged. A virtual assistant can help with email list management, design and send emails, and analyse the results.
- Email list management
- Newsletter creation
- Campaign research
- Content creation (including graphics for newsletters)
- Analysing data
Social media is quickly becoming a necessity for business owners to grow their presence, build their brand and gain more customers. Social media can help businesses to build rapport and connect with more people. Social media management is the process of growing your audience on social platforms and keeping them engaged. A Virtual Assistant can help businesses with scheduling posts, finding new followers, responding to comments and messages from customers, analysing performance metrics, and much more.
A Virtual Assistant can help you with managing your profiles on platforms such as:
Blogging and Online Writing
One of the greatest benefits that a Virtual Assistant brings to your business is their ability to help you create content – an aspect that many business owners find the most time-consuming. This could be blog posts or articles, social media captions, copy for online material (such as courses) or copy for websites, submissions and presentations, to name a few. Content marketing is an important aspect of any business. It can help you to reach potential customers, rank better with search engines, and develop better relationships.
Your Virtual Assistant can help you with…
- Blog and article writing
- Writing social media captions
- Writing copy for your online profiles, or LinkedIn profile
- Writing copy for your business social media profiles
- Writing copy for your online courses or presentations
- Writing copy for pitches
- Writing copy for your website
- … and more
Sales and Customer Support
Customer support is a key part of sales for any business, but it can also be of the most time-consuming aspects of running a business. If you’re still managing all customer support yourself, you might wish to consider outsourcing these tasks to an experienced and trustworthy Virtual Assistant.
Some examples of what a Virtual Assistant can handle for you include:
- Managing and responding to social media messages
- Moderating online comments
- Managing and responding to customer emails
- Raising support tickets
- Live chat support
- … and more
PR and Marketing
Virtual Assistants can help you to grow your business by taking care of the time-consuming PR and marketing tasks you don’t have the time for, so you can focus on the aspects of your business that you do best.
Here are some examples of what your Virtual Assistant can do for you:
- Outreach to potential clients
- Writing press releases
- Conducting research on marketing trends
- Writing marketing emails, newsletters or other copy that will convert readers into paying customers
- Creating infographics that help to explain complicated ideas in an easy-to-understand way
- Creating social media posts that get people talking about your business
- Creating website landing pages
- … and more
If you found this article insightful, you might also enjoy reading 50 Tasks Your Virtual Assistant Can Do To Save You Time.